Friday, January 9, 2009

My Return to the Stage



After 12 long years I finally was in the right life situation and had summoned sufficient courage to try out for a show again. Gresham Little Theater was doing auditions for their Christmas offerings, one of which was "The Gift of the Magi." My dad used to read me that classic story when I was younger and I always loved it, hence I was thrilled to be cast as Della. We lost 4 of our 9 scheduled performances to the snow, but many friends and family were still able to come. I enjoyed myself more than I can say. It is so satisfying to reconnect to a part of yourself that you haven't seen in awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wish I could have seen it! I bet you did great.

    On an unrelated note-- have you lost weight? You're looking skinny minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am both incredibly excited for you and viciously jealous. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete

We have to moderate comments due to Chinese spammers. Otherwise, they would be unmoderated. Sorry about the inconvenience, we hope you still feel like it's worth the trouble to comment anyway!