Monday, February 12, 2007

Sid Meier's Trains!

OK, so I am a HUGE fan of the Railroad Tycoon series of computer games. Knowing that Sid Meier designed those games, I purchased Trains! thinking it would be a dead ringer. I was wrong. I'm kicking myself for not researching it and making my decision based on designer alone. Not only is it 'dumbed down' significantly from Railroad Tycoon 2 (RT2), but it's slow and incredibly buggy. I enjoyed playing a fully fledged stock market meta-game. I enjoyed the crazy amount of side industries and route planning involved in RT2. They've taken most of that out. Now there are less trains, less industries, more basic industries, and less depth in general. Oh, but it's pretty now.... and it crashes to your desktop every 45 minutes, too. Not to mention the horrible route selection AI the trains have. Bah. OK... concentrate with me: ***I wish I bought RT3 Instead of Trains***.... ***I wish I bought RT3 instead of Trains***...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have to moderate comments due to Chinese spammers. Otherwise, they would be unmoderated. Sorry about the inconvenience, we hope you still feel like it's worth the trouble to comment anyway!