Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Dream Not Deferred





I have finally fufilled my dream of hosting a Victorian tea party. It took 33 years, but hey, better late than never. For my birthday this year I gathered some dear friends and took the plunge. Special thanks to my mother-in-law, Mary, who was our server (maid) and also the person who made my costume and gifted me with the tea paraphernalia over the years once she found out I wanted to do this. My guests created their own hats at the party (it was glue-gun madness!) and drew Victorian names out of a hat to use during the party. I don't think there was a favorite "tea," but the cheezy-bacon pinwheels definitely took the cake for most beloved savory. The ladies actually called it back out of retirement in the kitchen after we'd moved on to another course! I'll post the recipe for any interested parties. To sum up, it was a ton of work (did I mention redecorating my living room to provide ambiance?)but is was fun. I hope it made a nice memory for everyone who came and it's one more item I can cross off my list of things I want to do before I die.

2 comments:

We have to moderate comments due to Chinese spammers. Otherwise, they would be unmoderated. Sorry about the inconvenience, we hope you still feel like it's worth the trouble to comment anyway!